Coconut Infused Squash Soup
In desperate need of something soul soothing, warming, healthy, and easy?! If yes, this creamy, curried, butternut squash soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder is going to be your new best friend. And of course all of my recipes are gluten free and dairy free, so GET EXCITED!!
I’m ALL about creating fast and healthy meals for the busy individual because eating clean does need to be complicated! Cha girl is here to make your life a little easier. Now let’s get to it!
* 1 Tbsp of ghee (or coconut oil if vegan)
* 2 medium shallots (thinly diced)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 6 cups chopped butternut squash (1 small butternut squash yields ~6 cups)
* 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper
* 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
* 2 cups bone broth (Or veggie if vegan)
* 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar
* Toasted pumpkin seeds
* Flackers crackers crumbled on top for added fiber (or your favorite low carb cracker)
* Kale chips (mine are from urban remedy)
* Cilantro or parsley for garnish
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add oil, shallots, and garlic (once hot). Stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash and season with salt and pepper, curry powder, and cinnamon. Stir and cover 4 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, bone broth, coconut sugar
5. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. You can also just check to see when the squash is tender.
6. Transfer soup to a vitamix or heavy duty blender and set on high until creamy and smooth. Return back to pot.
7. Taste your yummy creation and add more spice if needed! Continue cooking over medium heat for a couple more minutes.
8. Add optional garnish and enjoy with friends and family!
P.S. I have an Amazon health page that I linked all my favorite healthy snacks, inspirational reads, clean beauty products, etc. Check it out! The flackers linked above will take you there :) Happy Saturday friends!